This is the plan for moving ealingdean.co.uk from D7 to D8.
D8 Basic installation=> DONE Twitter - basic integration & proof of some autotweet=> DONE Admin efficiencies/improvements=> DONE/IN PROGRESS CLI-based snapshot tools - backup with date point=> DONE CLI-based snapshot tools - restore=> DONE Minimal taxonomy setup to support site development=> DONE
- Import some basic content - history pages with images
- Import some basic content - blog
- Import some basic content - other?
Basic event content type=> DONE Basic calendar p.o.c. => DONE Private area (committee or other flexibly defined group?)=> DONE (facility there)
- Different section, different theme? (radbourne, halloween etc) [project/switch_page_theme?]
Create initial user permission groups=> DONE Configure content type: blog=> DONE Configure content type: basic page=> DONE Configure content type: article=> DONE Configure content type: press release=> DONE
Wysiwyg & user workflow
CKEditor setup=> DONE CKEditor extensions/modules=> IN PROGRESS Image upload and management (drag&drop? resize? IMCE?)=> DONE
- Colorbox (or alternative)
- Comments against content type?
Media embedding - image and video=> DONE
- Set up IMCE paths
Look and feel
Theme installs - Creative responsive=> IN PROGRESS Theme selection=> DONE Initial theme tweaking=> DONE
- Home page layout => IN PROGRESS (need to solve content/block ordering)
- Calendar & events - full content type, nicer display output
Calendar - listing format=> DONE
- Infinity scroll
- Auto-tweet using site account
- Render latest tweets in block ("Twitter block"?)
- Set-up home page content
- Picture gallery?
- User pictures/avatar
- User profile setups (fields of)
- How to migrate existing content paths from D7 to D8?
- Site backup (backup_migrate ... backup_migrate to google drive, s3 or dropbox?)
- Creation of user permission groups
- Read count statistics for comments
- GA / other stats support
- Final taxonomy definition
- Styling for event calendar (move the view into a block and have another block on the page display a specific event?)
Display layout for individual Press Release=> DONE Display layout for Press Release listings=> DONE
- Display layout for Blog posts
- Display layout for Blog Teasers
- Display layout for /Blogs listing
- Update carousel to be easier to manage slider content (content type, views etc)
- Display layout for News Page
- Headline block for News for front page
- Configure contact form
- Styling of content edit pages for non-admin users
Create Press Article content type=> DONE Create Press Article view (block) & add to Press office page=> DONE Update Press Release view mode for the Teaser to resemble the usual format (as the Press Office summary page now uses a view based on fields not based on the DS-Teaser)=> DONE
- Set consistent Teaster format for /news page.
- Install to TSOHOST Staging for testing
- Full content import
- Press articles
- Press releases
- Refresh content for new site
- Content sync/update
- Module updates to latest
- User account creation
- Unpublish/clear-down site development content
- Create event content
- Can users subscribe to nodes? (get notified of updates?)
- Sub-sites (194, radbourne, events etc....)
- Can we use social login for user accounts on D8? (ie. if user is member of N.Allot group?)
- Investigate possible google drive integration (meeting minutes)
- Allotment sign-up form integration (webform ->google: webform_google_exporter)
- Upload gallery pics via drupal to a google or drop box account?
- Facebook integration
- Displaying minutes docs from word etc? (gdoc_field)
- Deploy CDN (cloud flare or f.o.c alternative?)
jquery calendar display (nicer refresh clicking through months)=> DONE
- Call Colorbox to IMCE/Image dialog???
- Tokenise default values for Press Release