Radbourne Walk - 2015 plans
Our plans for the Radbourne walk for 2015 have expanded from our early goals in 2014.
The "clean up" has been completed but regular maintenance will always be necessary. There are two main proposals for work in 2015 the first is based on limited funds and the other is based on us getting a grant from council funding. We should hear in by the end of March if we will receive the main council grant
The Basic plan includes:
- Regular litter picking and removal of refuse in the walk
- Continued wildflower annual sowing
- Continued native plants introduction, sourcing more local native species
- Basic plant management, like bramble cutting that comes through from the allotments.
The Expanded plan includes:
- Resurfacing of the tarmac path
- Solar bollard lighting
- large tree pruning & pollarding
- Hedgerow improvement
- Improved regular maintenance of rubbish and litter
We will not be holding regular monthly volunteer days in 2015 as much of the work was done in November and December 2014. We will monitor the needs of the path and create more volunteer days if necessary.
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be notified when we hold another volunteer day.